Monday, July 02, 2007

Success Vs. Failure: Part 1

Have you ever failed in your life?

Have you ever felt like giving up when things don’t happen your way?

These are only a couple out of many questions that the Champions have put forward to the Coaches. And we are going to reveal the answers, or rather, the experiences and real-life stories of our very own, Coach Lan and Coach Anang. Why do we choose the word 'reveal'? Because we will be posting their takes on success vs. failure in a four-part series. Be sure that you watch out this space for the weeks to come, as we are going to post one part of the series every week!

Here goes article No. 1!

THE FALL

Our Coaches said that they have experienced failure not just once, but many times…

Coach Anang : If you have never failed, then life is perfect... but unfortunately it's not. In terms of academic failure, I failed many times, even to achieve my own objectives. The greatest failure that I have experienced was during my A-Level time at Kolej Yayasan Mara KL (KYPMKL). I failed badly and for me it was really, really bad. I got 1 B 1 E and 1 D for my courses that time. If you spell it out, it becomes BED.. pegi tidur lah...That time I intended to pursue my course in biology and medicine, so I took up maths & statistics, chemistry, and biology. I was really shocked, and very disappointed with myself. When the results were released, the pressure kept on coming from my family. Furthermore at that time my dad was hospitalized, and would be going for his heart bypass surgery... memang macam jatuh ditimpa tangga. Since I didn't get good results for my A-Level, my sponsor MARA asked me to change course. I had to do my first year at PPP UiTM. As it turned out, I had to do my degree locally, at UTP, due to the economic disaster 1997.

Coach Lan : Everyone faces failures in their life. I don’t know about you, but I did - many times. After I got my SPM results, I thought that I was probably the "stupidest" of all. All the while, I was in the top 10. Then for SPM, I ended in the bad grade list in my school at 16 aggregate! (I will not go into the pressure bit because I think we all know how parents are like especially when they have high hopes of you and especially when you were in one of the so called finest schools in the country.) A - levels didn't help either. 1A 2Bs and 2Es. I’ve also lost money in ventures, made mistakes in counselling, failed test-beds....

From failure, comes the realisations. Read the continuation next week.

Labels:

TekadMon at 6:09 pm

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Home