Tuesday, April 25, 2006

TEKAD Kelantan - The Journey Begins...

Assalamualaikum and Greetings!

PROJEK TEKAD journey has began again. Kicking off for the new year will be PROJEK TEKAD Kelantan, followed closely with PROJEK TEKAD Pahang and ending with PROJEK TEKAD Penang. Each journey, we have seen different challenges, different environment, and of course different champions and coaches. Each time, we left with a heavy heart, but with a determination and hope that we had made a difference to someone's life. And we never fail to get the difference in our lives as well.

I've been through all the TEKADs, from when it was a baby back in 2004 in KL, crawling its way in Selangor and toddling on in Perak last year. I've started as a coach in PROJEK TEKAD KL and PROJEK TEKAD Selangor, then move up to join the core team for PROJEK TEKAD Perak. Now, I have been given the mandate to lead TEKAD Kelantan.



It is a big challenge for me, to follow in the footsteps of those before me, but it is a challenge very close to my heart. I will be bringing PROJEK TEKAD to my hometown, my people. It is a chance to show the real Kelantan, be it the beauty or the ugly side of it and it is a chance to let the students in Kelantan interact with those outside their circle, open up their mind to the possibilities beyond their world.

As mentioned, with each PROJEK TEKAD we had faced different challenges. With Kelantan, the distance, the language and perhaps culture might be of an obstacle to the project. But definitely, the team is geared for any of it. I'm proud to be working with a team that are very dedicated, hardworking, creative and most of all, fun.



Come join us, and help make PROJEK TEKAD Kelantan journey a successful and fulfilling experience, insya Allah.

Labels:

TekadMon at 7:59 pm

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment

Home